Change default display name for new users
|Reported by:||mikelittle||Owned by:||nacin|
|Component:||Users||Keywords:||has-patch ux-feedback dev-feedback|
As discussed on the wp-hackers mailing list here http://lists.automattic.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2012-May/thread.html#43064
It has been suggested that the default display_name for a new user should be constructed from the supplied first name and last name.
Attached is a patch to implement this behaviour. There are three parts:
1) Move the assignment of the display_name (in wp_insert_user()) to be after the first_name and last_name are assigned in case any plugins hooked on their respective filters chooses to modify them.
2) Add the $userdata parameter (passed to wp_insert_user()) to the filter call
3) Add a default filter hooked to pre_user_display_name. This default filter will concatenate the first and last names with a space between (internationalized), only if the current display_name is empty and either of first or last is filled.
Change History (8)
4 years ago
- Cc JohnONolan added
- Keywords ux-feedback dev-feedback added
- Version set to 3.4
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
- Owner set to nacin
- Status changed from new to reviewing