Email address not freed up after deleting network user
|Reported by:||GaryJ||Owned by:|
- Registered a new user on the root site of a 3.3.2 multisite install with custom role of Copy-Editor (created via Members plugin).
- Before confirming, user wanted a different username, so tried creating a new user with correct user name. Correctly denied, as email address in use for an unconfirmed user.
- Got user to confirm account with incorrect name.
- Deleted user from site, and tried to creating a new user with correct user name. Correctly denied, as email address still in use for a network user who isn't linked to any sites.
- Deleted network user.
Now, here's where I think the bug is:
- Tried creating a new user with correct user name. Incorrectly given the message: "That email address has already been used. Please check your inbox for an activation email. It will become available in a couple of days if you do nothing."
Main issue is that I don't believe there is a pending or confirmed user with that email address in the system, yet the address is tied up somewhere.
Minor issue is the wording of the message - the email address in question does not match the site admin email, or the email address for the account I'm logged in with, so in most cases, it's never going to be "my" inbox.