Multisite: Network Users can post comments without being members of the site
|Reported by:||Ipstenu||Owned by:|
This is probably an 'ever since inception' issue and I can replicate it on 3.4
Have a user added to your network but not to a site (domain.com/test).
Set up domain.com/test to only allow registered users to comment. Remember, we've not added this new user to the site, just the network.
Log in as that user and go to domain.com/test
Oh look! You can comment as a 'registered' user.
This should be check for 'Is this a user and, if multisite, is this user a member of the site?'
It's that or the wording needs to be clearer that anyone registered on the network can comment.
Change History (19)
comment:6 @SergeyBiryukov — 3 years ago
- Component changed from Comments to Multisite
- Keywords ux-feedback added
comment:10 in reply to: ↑ 5 @jeremyfelt — 19 months ago
- Keywords has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from normal to minor
comment:11 @jeremyfelt — 18 months ago
- Component changed from Multisite to Comments
- Focuses multisite added