Subject line of sent e-mails is not UTF-8
|Reported by:||crculver||Owned by:||rob1n|
Although WordPress suggests using UTF-8 internally, this is not respected in the subject line of the e-mails sent out by the admin scripts. For example, my blog's name is a series of Greek letters in UTF-8, but when I get an e-mail after reporting a lost password, the name of the blog in the subject line appears as gibberish.
(I'm using Emacs-mew which normally shows UTF-8 subject lines fine, so I assume this is a WP thing).
Change History (29)
- Owner changed from anonymous to rboren
- Patch set to No
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:14 jimlick — 7 years ago
- Severity changed from trivial to normal
- Version changed from 1.2 to 2.0.4
comment:19 follow-up: ↓ 20 rob1n — 7 years ago
- Cc Sebbi cal Citizen K sjmurdoch kpumuk jimlick removed
- Keywords needs-testing dev-feedback added; bg|2nd-opinion bg|dev-feedback bg|has-patch removed
- Milestone set to 2.1.1