|Reported by:||pathawks||Owned by:|
There should be a separate function to just get an avatar URL, versus getting the image wrapped in an <img> tag. This function should pass the avatar URL through a filter before returning it.
get_avatar would then call this function, rather than generating a Gravatar URL on its own.
This way, a plugin can grab a user's avatar image without relying on regex to extract the image from the <img> tag, and in a way that is compatible with plugins that replace Gravatar.
Change History (96)
comment:1 @c3mdigital — 3 years ago
- Type changed from defect (bug) to feature request
- Version set to 2.5
comment:13 follow-up: ↓ 14 @cliffseal — 2 years ago
comment:21 in reply to: ↑ 12 @pathawks — 2 years ago
comment:29 in reply to: ↑ 27 @rmccue — 21 months ago
- Keywords needs-refresh added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
comment:59 follow-up: ↓ 61 @valendesigns — 7 months ago
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:71 @pento — 6 months ago
- Keywords has-patch removed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed