Image title and alt attribute content should be texturized.
|Reported by:||stephdau||Owned by:|
gallery_shortcode() texturizes the caption shown underneath images in galleries.
For consistency, alt and title tags content should also be texturized.
This is also valuable for developers extending the gallery shortcode or output, such as with the WordPress.com (and Jetpack) Gallery Carousel feature, as it provides i18n'd texturization, for EG.
See attached patch, which:
- uses wptexturize() in wp_get_attachment_image() directly (/wp-includes/media.php), which makes it work with gallries, attachment pages, etc.
- also uses wptexturize() in get_image_tag() (/wp-includes/media.php), for consistency.
- uses wptexturize() in wp_get_attachment_link() (/wp-includespost-template.php), for consistency
Change History (20)
comment:2 follow-up: ↓ 4 @ericlewis — 16 months ago
- Focuses accessibility added
- Keywords reporter-feedback dev-feedback added; has-patch removed
comment:5 @wonderboymusic — 6 months ago
- Keywords needs-unit-tests added; reporter-feedback dev-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 6 @adamsilverstein — 6 months ago
- Keywords dev-feedback added; needs-unit-tests removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.2