Upload/Insert media revamp
|Reported by:||nacin||Owned by:||koopersmith|
Description (last modified by nacin)
Revamp the media uploading/inserting workflows in 3.5.
koopersmith will be spearheading this effort and will post tasks, ideas, mockups, etc. This is an initial ticket to focus as an umbrella and reference point.
Take the existing Thickbox upload/insert dialog and split it into discrete workflows, including:
- Uploading an image (or multiple images)
- Browsing the media library to look for an image or multiple images
- Inserting a single selected image into the post (includes caption, alignment, size, link, alt text)
- Creating a gallery based on a selection of images, and adding more images to an existing gallery
- Selecting a single image (as a header, background, or featured image)
- Editing/cropping an image
- Editing a single image via Media > Library will need some changes, as it relies on the Thickbox contents. see #21391
- TinyMCE should be more responsive to dealing with media and galleries, such as previewing them with thumbnails rather than just placeholder boxes, and opening image or gallery edit windows directly from TinyMCE.
More to come.
Change History (369)
- Description modified (diff)
comment:85 bobbravo2 — 20 months ago
- Cc bob@… added
comment:141 follow-up: ↓ 142 koopersmith — 20 months ago
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from accepted to closed
comment:207 follow-up: ↓ 209 nacin — 20 months ago
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened