Twenty Twelve: use FitVids to resize videos in small screens
|Reported by:||andyadams||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by lancewillett)
Currently videos in TwentyTwelve don't look so hot when the view window is scaled down. The problem can be accentuated if you used an embed code that is much wider than the content area. To replicate, try pasting this embed from YouTube into any page or post:
I've never extensively looked into HTML/CSS-only solutions for this, but from my limited looking around it seems to be an unsolved issue for responsive sites. However, there is indeed a jQuery solution called FitVids that handles this very well: https://github.com/davatron5000/FitVids.js. This was mentioned by @chriswallace in #21382. FitVids was overkill for his particular issue, but I still think it warrants being added to TwentyTwelve barring discovery of a simpler option.
Patch is incoming.
Change History (19)
- Summary changed from FitVids for TwentyTwelve to Twenty Twelve: FitVids for TwentyTwelve
comment:2 lancewillett — 19 months ago
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
- Summary changed from Twenty Twelve: FitVids for TwentyTwelve to Twenty Twelve: use FitVids to resize videos in small screens
comment:14 in reply to: ↑ 11 lancewillett — 19 months ago
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed