|Reported by:||demetris||Owned by:|
I run a series of recompression commands on all PNG files found currently in trunk (rev. 21421, 121 images in total), and in some cases I got results that I think we should use.
I recorded the gains in a spreadsheet, which you can see here:
The PNG files, along with the originals, are in the ZIP archive I link. Originals are distinguished by their double extension: .ORIG.png. Note that the ZIP contains all pairs of original and recompressed images; that is, it also includes those where no gain was achieved.
In a couple of cases I noticed that the recompression messed up the images. I put a note for those in the Remarks column of the spreadsheet. Maybe there are more problematic cases.
The programs and arguments I used were:
- optipng -o7
- advpng -z -4 (advpng is part of the AdvanceCOMP suite)
- optipng -o7 (a second time)