Remove CSS hover styling of postboxes with disabled JS
|Reported by:||TobiasBg||Owned by:||nacin|
If JS is disabled in the browser, post metaboxes can neither be moved/sorted nor expanded/shrunken.
However, due to the current wp-admin-CSS, the boxes still show effects on mouse hover (like text color change, other mouse pointers, visible arrow handle).
This can confuse users as nothing is happening when clicking on them, so I'd say that this is a (though rare to see) styling bug.
I suggest to simply only do these hover effects, if JS is enabled.
This is as simple as prepending the relevant CSS selectors with the ".js" class that we have (or not have) on <body>.
The attached patch does this for post metaboxes, as well as for the widgets page, where the same occurs under a different name.
Change History (16)
comment:3 @helenyhou — 3 years ago
- Component changed from UI to Administration
- Keywords needs-refresh added; ui-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Keywords needs-refresh 3.6-early removed
comment:7 @helenyhou — 3 years ago
- Keywords commit added
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.5
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:10 @helenyhou — 3 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch commit removed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened