Uploaded media should keep alphabetic order
|Reported by:||tar.gz||Owned by:|
When dragging a bunch of files on the "Drop files here" upload field, one would expect that they are automatically ordered by their filenames. In the case of photos taken by a digital device, this would mostly get them in chronological order.
Strangely, WordPress is reverting this order when saving.
What we observe:
- During the upload process, the files are displayed in alphabetic order.
- After clicking "Save all changes", we are presented with the media gallery view: the order is now reverted.
If we want to put them in the correct, alphabetic order, we need to click the "Sort Order > Descending" link, and save. This isn't very intuitive.
Change History (16)
5 years ago
- Keywords close added
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed