Use mysqli for MySQL queries when available
|Reported by:||scottconnerly||Owned by:|
the mysql_* functions are officially deprecated for PHP 5.4 and will begin throwing E_DEPRECATED errors in the next version of PHP.
Wordpress should use PDO by default, but fall back to mysql_* when PDO is not present.
See also: #11622 for last year's discussion.
Change History (256)
comment:1 follow-ups: ↓ 2 ↓ 208 @kurtpayne — 3 years ago
- Cc kpayne@… added
comment:27 @alex-ye — 3 years ago
- Cc nashwan.doaqan@… added
- Version set to trunk
comment:37 @ryan — 3 years ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.6
- Type changed from enhancement to task (blessed)
- Version set to 3.5
comment:99 @hypertextranch — 2 years ago
comment:114 @nacin — 2 years ago
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.8
- Summary changed from Use PDO for MySQL queries when PDO is available to Use PDO or mysqli for MySQL queries when available
comment:119 in reply to: ↑ 51 @atimmer — 23 months ago
comment:125 in reply to: ↑ 124 ; follow-up: ↓ 127 @kurtpayne — 22 months ago
comment:208 in reply to: ↑ 1 @AzizSaleh — 19 months ago
comment:210 follow-up: ↓ 211 @nacin — 18 months ago
- Summary changed from Use PDO or mysqli for MySQL queries when available to Use mysqli for MySQL queries when available