Querying Taxonomies (Tag) containing the sequence "-נ-" *still* fails.
|Reported by:||rstern||Owned by:||nacin|
The issue described in #13413
Still exists on IIS at least and seems to have only ever been fixed for a brief period of time between 3.1 and 3.1.1
Same steps, latest trunk:
- Created a Tag "test -נ- end"
- Added the Tag to a Post
- Pressed that Tag in my Tag Cloud
- Get the not Found Message.
- Windows/IIS 7
- PHP 5.4.6
Changing the preg_*() calls in parse_tax_query() to include the /u modifier or changing \s to \r\n\t do seem to fix this issue.
Tested WordPress 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1.4, 3.2, 3.4.1 and latest trunk.
I've tried to track down the history of this bug. It is "fixed" in 3.1, but after 3.1.1 tag queries with the letter nun returned all posts:
The new preg_split() with the problematic \s is in effect, which splits the tag into two (non-existing) terms. Due to a (different) bug fixed in 3.2 all posts are returned.
After 3.2 no posts are returned.
The underlying cause of the bug, unfortunately, has not been fixed.
Change History (17)
comment:3 @SergeyBiryukov — 3 years ago
- Component changed from General to Query
- Keywords has-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Keywords needs-unit-tests added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened