@ error control operator hides fatal error on mysql_fetch_object
|Reported by:||ericlewis||Owned by:||ericlewis|
I ran a get_posts() query that took me a while to track down to the @ error control operator on the mysql_fetch_object call (see wp-db.php:1219 in trunk), therefore PHP was silently die'ing on me because of a memory limit error.
I'm curious as to what use cases there are for the error control operator to be used here. In my case, I want to see these errors and fix my code accordingly, or tailor my query to the memory constraints, or rethink my data relations in the database.
Change History (31)
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.5
- Owner changed from pento to ericlewis
- Status changed from accepted to assigned