SimplePie: DOMDocument can be disabled
|Reported by:||nacin||Owned by:||rmccue|
|Component:||External Libraries||Keywords:||needs-unit-tests needs-patch|
SimplePie uses DOMDocument in a few places. But, it can be disabled, either by a distro messing with PHP (see Redhat) or with --disable-dom. When we use DOMDocument in core, we always check class_exists(). SimplePie does not.
We'll need to get this fixed to avoid fatal errors when SimplePie is used.
SimplePie 1.2 did not use DOMDocument. I wonder what else was added/used in 1.3 that could potentially be disabled.
Change History (34)
- Milestone 3.5 deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Milestone set to 3.5
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version set to trunk
4 years ago
- Keywords has-patch needs-docs dev-feedback needs-testing needs-unit-tests added; needs-patch removed
- Keywords dev-feedback removed
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from blocker to normal
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch needs-testing removed