WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#22264 closed defect (bug) (invalid)

site resources are blocking my IP

Reported by: netweblogic Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: trivial Version:
Component: WordPress.org Site Keywords:
Focuses: Cc:

Description

Today, all of a sudden wordpress.org stopped working properly for me, I was just seeing the html content, no images or styling. I thought it was a global thing, but later on it remained the same so I tried on my phone... and it worked.

I tried the same browser but with a proxy server, and it worked, so my conclusion is something is blocking my IP from receiving images and CSS files in particular.

Interestingly, same goes for gravatar.com, I only get served the html, no images or css.

Any advice appreciated! Not fun having to use proxies to visit the forums etc. :)

Change History (4)

#1 @bpetty
9 years ago

  • Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Severity changed from blocker to normal
  • Status changed from new to closed

More specifically, your ISP or work firewall is blocking your browser from requesting resources from the CDNs that both WordPress.org and Gravatar.com use (s.wordpress.org and s.gravatar.com). This is something you will need to resolve with your ISP or network administrator. WordPress can not do anything about this for you.

#2 follow-up: @netweblogic
9 years ago

  • Severity changed from normal to trivial

Thx for letting me know. Oddly enough, today it started working this morning. Weird because first time in years and only yesterday, did nothing out the ordinary...

#3 in reply to: ↑ 2 @nacin
9 years ago

Replying to netweblogic:

Thx for letting me know. Oddly enough, today it started working this morning. Weird because first time in years and only yesterday, did nothing out the ordinary...

Chrome started refusing to load HTTP CSS and other assets on HTTPS pages. At the same time, HTTPS links got picked up in Google search results for some Codex pages. It might have been this.

We've mostly worked around these issues at this point.

#4 @netweblogic
9 years ago

If it helps...

In my case, pretty sure that wasn't it, because this applied even to gravatars e.g. on random websites I was working on. I did try other browsers.

Also, the moment I used a proxy it started working again with refreshing the page. I haven't experienced this since that day, it was a one-off.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.