Inserted images in some cases get the wrong size
|Reported by:||jond3r||Owned by:||nacin|
This is a bug I have not seen reported yet, and I think is of some severity.
It manifests itself for smaller images that don't have all the standard sizes (thumbnail, medium and large),
and is dependent on the user's previous choice of image size (which I believe is stored in a cookie).
Here's a scenario:
- The user's latest inserted image was medium sized.
- Next he selects an image that is around 200x200 px, so that it has a thumbnail, and a full size, but no medium size.
- In the size drop-down box, is shown "Thumbnail". The user doesn't change this, and presses "Insert into post"
- The result is that the full-size image is inserted, and the image class gets a value of 'size-medium', i.e. two wrongs.
You can come up with several similar scenarios, involving different image sizes and previous choices.
What I think happens is that if the size value in the drop-down box is not changed actively by the user, the previous value is reported back to the server. A value that might not be valid for the current image, and is also not shown in the UI.
Sorry for the late submission.
Change History (32)
3 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch needs-body added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
3 years ago
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; needs-patch needs-body removed
- Keywords commit removed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened