Automatic Core Updates
|Reported by:||pento||Owned by:||pento|
It's time to think about automatic updates for WordPress Core. Plugins and Themes are a totally different ball game, so it's probably best to leave them for the moment. Currently, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to release this in stages (some of which may be combined, just spelling them out):
- SVN updates in trunk installs
- SVN updates in branch installs
- Opt-in updates in stable installs
- Opt-out updates in fresh installs
- Opt-out updates in all installs
- Remove option for opting out
I'd like to see SVN updates go into 3.6 early, so we can quickly get a good idea of compatibility issues that we're likely to run into when we get to beta.
Finally, are there any features we should be looking at adding to the upgrader for this? More sanity checking, notifications, other?
Change History (192)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.7
- Type changed from feature request to task (blessed)