Wpautop strips blank lines
|Reported by:||linickx||Owned by:||skeltoac|
Non-Techie users like to user spaces & carrige returns for formatting text.
Using the WYSIWYG gui, if you use carrige return 3 times in a text - hoping to create some white space between text - i.e. like entering text1<br /><br /><br />text2 or <p>text1</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>text2</p> - the gui removes them and replace with single <p>text1</p><p>text2</p> which is one line of white space.
I understand that this kind of use may not be best practice, but it's the kind of thing normal users do, and wp is supposed to be a good all round user experience.
Change History (20)
- Milestone set to 2.1
- Owner set to skeltoac
- Severity changed from major to enhancement
- Status changed from new to assigned
9 years ago
- Component changed from TinyMCE to General
- Milestone set to 2.6
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
9 years ago
- Keywords WYSIWYG user experience removed
- Summary changed from WYSIWYG strips white space - bad user experience to Editor strips blank lines
- Summary changed from Editor strips blank lines to Wpautop strips blank lines