Block <a> tags are getting stripped from the Editor
|Reported by:||georgestephanis||Owned by:||azaozz|
Description (last modified by SergeyBiryukov)
Steps to duplicate:
- Make a new post.
- Have a single line of text saying 'Foo foo foo'.
- Change it to a h1 block.
- Select the line.
- Add a hyperlink to example.com
- Switch to the Text tab.
- Switch back to the Visual Editor.
THE LINK IS GONE ZOMG WUT?!?!
Basically since we've incorporated the HTML5 Schema for TinyMCE, <a> tags have been upgraded to a block-level element. So TinyMCE will wrap the <h1> tag with the <a> tag -- as opposed to the opposite in 3.4.
Then we go in and strip it out (because reasons).
Let's stop stripping out valid tags that we're adding via the editor in 3.5.1
Change History (28)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5.1
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Severity changed from normal to major
comment:22 @azaozz — 2 years ago
- Owner set to azaozz
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed