TinyMCE Paste From Word Uses <b> for Bold Instead of <strong>
|Reported by:||cgrymala||Owned by:|
I'm not sure if this counts as a bug or not, but it's a definite change between 3.4.2 and 3.5.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a new Microsoft Word document
- Type some text into the Word document and make it bold
- Create a new post/page in WordPress, making sure that the Visual Editor is selected
- Copy the bold text from Word and use the Paste From Word button to paste it into the new post/page you're creating
- Switch to the HTML editor and look at the code
- The background HTML code for the bold text should be wrapped in <strong></strong>
- The background HTML code for the bold text is actually wrapped in <b></b>
Tested in WordPress 3.5 using Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m on Windows 8 x64. I'll test in other browsers later.
I tested in a WordPress 3.4.2 installation in the same setup, and those same steps produced text that was wrapped in <strong></strong> correctly.