Image thumbnail doesn't refresh after editing
|Reported by:||beerpulse||Owned by:|
In the new media manager in 3.5, after editing an image's thumbnail, one would expect the 'refresh' button to re-load the thumbnail with the applied edits but the same un-edited image thumbnail reloads leaving it unknown whether the edits were applied. Not until you exit Media Manager & go to re-edit the same photo, do you see that your original changes were applied.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Click 'Add New Media' in Post Editor
2) Click any image in Media Manager
3) Click 'Edit Image'
[new tab opens with image editor]
4) Select a portion of the image to crop.
5) Select the 'Thumbnail' button under 'Apply changes to'
6) Click the crop button
7) Click save underneath the newly-cropped image.
8) Click update.
9) Click back to media manager tab
10) Click 'refresh' underneath image thumbnail.
[Newly-cropped thumbnail does not appear]
11) Click off of the media manager to exit.
12) Click 'Add New Media' again
13) Click same image
14) Click 'Edit image'
[image editor tab loads showing updated thumbnail with previous changes]
Those changes should appear at step 10.
This may be of normal severity but I've marked as major because it adds additional steps to updating a thumbnail than what was required in 3.4. I do a ton of thumbnail-editing so I'm admittedly biased.
Change History (7)
comment:3 markoheijnen — 15 months ago
- Keywords close added; needs-testing removed
- Severity changed from major to normal