Edit thumbnail image only - loses all sub sizes in attachment meta — at Version 8
|Reported by:||lewismcarey||Owned by:||markoheijnen|
Description (last modified by SergeyBiryukov)
I have several additional image sizes in my theme. When I crop an image and save over only the thumbnail, all references to the various sub-sizes are lost and only the new thumbnail is referenced in _wp_attachment_metadata.
- Add an image to the media library.
- Output _wp_attachment_metadata.
- Edit the image (crop).
- Save only the thumbnail.
- Output the relevant _wp_attachment_metadata.
This may be an issue with wp_save_image() not re-genarating subsizes from the original.
I believe this to be different from Ticket #19889 as it appears to remove references to default sizes from media settings screen.
Change History (9)
comment:3 markoheijnen — 15 months ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5.1
- Owner set to markoheijnen
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:7 markoheijnen — 15 months ago
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Severity changed from major to critical