Edit Pages - Limit to Owner?
|Reported by:||gregkaufmanwp||Owned by:||davidhouse|
|Component:||Administration||Keywords:||edit pages owner roles capabilities bg|has-patch|
It was easy to limit page editing only to the page owner in 1.5. I have the Role Manager plugin installed in WP 2.0, and I'm trying to figure out how to enable the edit_pages role in 2.0 for a user, but not allow that user the ability edit ALL pages. This functionality exists for edit posts (edit_others_posts), but what about pages?
I understand this isn't an issue with the plugin, rather this is a major shortcoming of WP 2.0, in terms of being able to use WordPress as a CMS. It doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to have create a capability "edit_others_pages" similar to edit_others_posts. This would allow user access control as needed when using WordPress 2.0 as a CMS.
Change History (9)
comment:1 @davidhouse — 10 years ago
- Owner changed from anonymous to davidhouse
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:3 @ringmaster — 10 years ago
- Milestone changed from 2.0.1 to 2.1
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Severity changed from major to enhancement
- Status changed from closed to reopened