Always set posts to draft status when untrashing
|Reported by:||harrym||Owned by:|
|Component:||Posts, Post Types||Keywords:||has-patch 2nd-opinion editorial-flow|
In some situations it is bad when trashed posts immediately go live after being untrashed. Such as:
- A published post is found to have libellous/wrong/other_bad content in it
- Admin trashes the post
- Admin wants to edit the post and republish it without the bad things
- Admin cannot do this without republishing the bad things, which they cannot do.
I appreciate that the user should have unpublished the post rather than trashing it but people don't always think clearly in these situations, and once you're in it, you can't get out -- your options are to republish, permanently delete, or leave the post in limbo.
I did wonder if it would be better to make trashed posts viewable/editable in the admin but that felt like a pretty big move, and one that would make the status of a trashed post much less clear and rather ambiguous.
So, the attached patch sets all untrashed posts to draft status, rather than restoring their original status, which was the only other thing I could think of.
(Definitely happy to debate alternative solutions)
Change History (10)
- Component changed from Administration to Trash
- Version changed from 3.5 to 2.9
comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 DrewAPicture — 6 months ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release