Change user "website" profile field to "Web Profile page"
|Reported by:||mark-k||Owned by:|
WordPress have almost all the tools in place to support 3-link google authorship as described in http://searchengineland.com/the-definitive-guide-to-google-authorship-markup-123218 without any need of a plugin, and the only obstacle is not having a place in which to specify the G+ profile URL.
I suggest to change slightly the meaning of the "Website" profile field to mean "the user profile page" instead of any random URL the user has control of. The only required code change for every theme to be able to support google authorship without plugins is to change get_the_author_link to return a link with rel="me" instead of rel="author".
I don't think that this semantic change is that far from the current usage of that field to create any problem to anyone using it right now.
Change History (14)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Severity changed from normal to trivial
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Component changed from Users to Text Changes
- Keywords close removed
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from reopened to closed