TinyMCE, webkit and backspace/linebreak/italic issues
|Reported by:||jnicol||Owned by:||nacin|
On WP 3.5.1 and nightly I notice irregularities in TinyMCE on webkit (Chrome, Safari).
When editing existing paragraphs in TinyMCE visual mode:
- After deleting a paragraph break, it is impossible to insert a single linebreak
- When deleting paragraph breaks, sometimes text will be wrapped in <em id="__mceDel">...</em>
Steps to reproduce:
- In a new post, type: "One[return]two[return]three" (i.e. three paragraphs)
- Position the caret before the word "three". Hit [delete] to merge paragraphs two and three.
- Do a shift+return key combo, which should insert a single linebreak. Instead, a paragraph break is inserted.
- Place the caret before the word "two". Hit [delete] to merge paragraphs one and two. The third paragraph is italicised. Viewing the HTML source will show that it has been wrapped in an em tag with the id "__mceDel"
- After deleting the space between two paragraphs, shirt+return should insert a single linebreak.
- Text should not be italicised without the user having specified for TinyMCE to do so.
I can consistently reproduce this behaviour in Chrome and Safari. Firefox seems to work as expected.
I have tested with a clean install of WP 3.5.1 and the nightly build. I have tested on two different computers.
OS: OS X Lion
Browser: Chrome 24.0.1312.56, Safari 6.0.2
Change History (25)
comment:13 @azaozz — 2 years ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5.2
comment:17 @nacin — 22 months ago
- Keywords fixed-major added
- Owner set to nacin
- Status changed from new to accepted