|Reported by:||fale||Owned by:|
The PHP-Fig have published lately 4 different PSRs:
- PSR-0 Aims to provide a standard file, class and namespace convention to allow plug-and-play code.
- PSR-1 Aims to ensure a high level of technical interoperability between shared PHP code.
- PSR-2 Provides a Coding Style Guide for projects looking to standardise their code.
- PSR-3 Describes a common interface for logging libraries.
I think WordPress should:
- Become a Voting Member of PHP-Fig
- Implementing all the PSRs.
The PSR1 and PSR2 can be partially implemented without breaking anything.
The PSR0 and the completition of PSR1 and PSR2 will need a breaking version, so a X.0 version can be a good moment (4.0 maybe?)
Even if the argument has already been touched in the ticket #21300, I think that a wider discussion was needed.
Change History (5)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to maybelater
- Status changed from new to closed