Make it possible to update localization files through subversion again, or provide a standalone mo/po file download
|Reported by:||timdream||Owned by:||nacin|
I wrote a script here a couple years ago to update the core WordPress application through subversion, coz I am tired of tracking my own modifications (if there is any)
However, starting v3.3.1, I am not be able to update mo/po files through wordpress-i18n svn repo. According to the localization site here https://tw.wordpress.org/, I would have to export the files through GlotPress myself.
That leave me two choices with my script:
- Hack my way through GlotPress, curl the GET requests to download the l10n files. The script would have to figure out 3.5.1 comes from 3.5.x first, and zh_TW -> zh-tw.
- Download http://tw.wordpress.org/latest-zh_TW.tar.gz, extract and discard everything except the language directory.
Neither approach is optimal. So I would like to propose some possible approaches here:
- Export the po/mo files back to subversion. I think this must have been discussed somewhere with people against it.
- Provide latest-zh_TW-language.tar.gz package.
I am not aware of whether (B) is already exist or not, nor I am aware of where the packaging script is being maintained. If the script is somewhere publicly available through subversion, I am more than happy to provide a patch to it.
Until then, I would probably need to find some time to implement (1) in shell script :-/ Thank you for reading the bug report.
Change History (3)
comment:1 SergeyBiryukov — 15 months ago
- Component changed from General to WordPress.org site
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to WordPress.org