Remove version from readme.html / Upgrade core doesn't restore the file
|Reported by:||momo360modena||Owned by:|
I think it is necessary to remove the version number of the WordPress readme.html and those for several reasons.
- The file shows the version number of WordPress easily ... Security (Version disclosure)
- Few people are aware of the file. The impact is limited.
- Wrong reason, but the other major CMS do not!
Moreover, if we adopt the approach of deliberately delete from FTP, the next automatic update will restore it. This is a task binding.
I think the automatic update of the WordPress core should detect the presence of the file and not restored if does not exist!
I'd like to have your opinions before proposing any patch!
Change History (10)
comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 2 momo360modena — 13 months ago
comment:7 markoheijnen — 13 months ago
- Keywords close removed
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed