Pass $metadata to intermediate_image_sizes_advanced filter
|Reported by:||amereservant||Owned by:||wonderboymusic|
I'm requesting that the following patch be added, which simply passes the $metadata for the image to be used for the new post thumbnail sizes to any filters hooking the intermediate_image_sizes_advanced filter in the wp_generate_attachment_metadata function.
The purpose of this is for altering the size of a custom thumbnail size based on the given image's dimensions. For example, I have a need for an post image size that's a minimum dimension size of 200px. The default behavior will allow me to specify a maximum dimension size, but not a minimum.
So by hooking this filter, I can alter the $sizes array and correct the size of my custom post thumbnail size based on the current image's dimensions.
Change History (10)
4 years ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.6
- Version changed from trunk to 3.5
20 months ago
- Keywords needs-refresh needs-docs added
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.4
- Owner set to chriscct7
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Keywords needs-refresh needs-docs removed
- Owner changed from chriscct7 to wonderboymusic