WordPress incorrectly escapes passwords when emailing to new users
|Reported by:||bklang||Owned by:|
I created a new user account today whose password contained a single-quote ( ' ). When the new user received the password it was escaped with a backslash ( \' ). This caused him to be unable to log in, not knowing he should remove the backslash.
Passwords sent to users should not be escaped.
Change History (6)
comment:1 SergeyBiryukov — 14 months ago
- Component changed from General to Users
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.6
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version changed from 3.5.1 to 2.8
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from reopened to closed