impossible to log in with password containing leading or trailing spaces
|Reported by:||mich1||Owned by:||westi|
Description (last modified by ocean90)
It is possible to set the password to something containing trailing or leading space characters (e.g. a single space), but the login dialog trims trailing or leading whitespaces. This makes it impossible to log in again.
It seems to me that the behavior of the login dialog is intended (see #15439), thus passwords with leading or trailing spaces should not be allowed.
Steps to reproduce (best with a new user account):
- log in
- change your password to something with leading or trailing spaces
- log out
- try to log in again. If you set your password to spaces only you will get the same error message as if you entered no password, otherwise you will get the message that the password you entered was wrong.
Note: When trying to create a user with leading or trailing spaces that differs only by those spaces from an existing user name there is an error message that the user name already exists, which is not totally correct. It still might be helpful though.
Change History (11)
- Component changed from General to Users
- Keywords needs-patch 2nd-opinion added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.6
- Owner set to westi
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Status changed from new to accepted