Meta Widget [Invalid] Markup Validation - (3.6-alpha-23451)
|Reported by:||emiluzelac||Owned by:||SergeyBiryukov|
I am not sure if this was already reported or not, tried searching for it, but could not find a duplicate.
It seems that in 3.6-alpha-23451 default meta widget creates few markup validation such as:
- End tag li seen, but there were open elements.
- Unclosed element a.
- Element a not allowed as child of element ul in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)
- End tag ul seen, but there were open elements.
- An a start tag seen but an element of the same type was already open.
- End tag a violates nesting rules.
- Cannot recover after last error. Any further errors will be ignored.
From what I could see the validation is for WordPress.org link. What's interesting here is that for some strange reason WordPress.org is being repeated several times as well, please see my screenshot. And when meta is removed no errors in validation.
This is a fresh WP install and the only active plugin is "Beta Tester" and with default theme, but this can be reproduced in pretty much every Theme as well.
Change History (7)
comment:3 SergeyBiryukov — 13 months ago
- Keywords needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.6
comment:4 SergeyBiryukov — 13 months ago
- Owner set to SergeyBiryukov
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed