Support Google Maps / Docs / Spreadsheet embeds
|Reported by:||Otto42||Owned by:|
Google Maps and Drive (docs, spreadhseets, and presentations) all can do embeds, but don't support oEmbed. Still, I think they're big enough for the core to have support for natively. We already have Google Video support, and it's pretty much dead now.
Initial patch attached.
- To get a Maps URL, view a Google Map, then select the "Link" icon in the left menu bar, top-right corner.
- To get a docs/sheet/presentation URL, open the item, select "File->Publish To Web. Once it's published and visible to the web, the dialog will give a link for you to copy/paste.
This uses the normal embed handler, meaning that either the [embed] shortcode or just pasting the URL on a line by itself will trigger the embed. Width and height parameters are supported, and Presentations has special parameters to allow full-screen viewing.
Change History (19)
3 years ago
- Cc jason.lemahieu@… added
- Keywords needs-refresh added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release