Update strings to reflect the changes in wp_post_revision_title()
|Reported by:||SergeyBiryukov||Owned by:|
wp_post_revision_title() got a backward-incompatible change in .
Previously, it used to return the revision date and time:
Now it returns the revision author name first:
This creates three issues:
- The strings in edit-form-advanced.php still expect date and time first:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php?rev=23683#L39 Changing "from" to "by" and updating the translator comment would probably be enough. However, that still might be incompatible with custom strings (see "Customizing the messages" example):
- The "by (author name)" part in the list of revisions is redundant (see the screenshot).
- wp_post_revision_title() inline description should be updated.
Change History (7)
- Cc adamsilverstein@… added
- Keywords dev-feedback close added