wp_enqueue_script|style() dependency failures are silent
|Reported by:||johnbillion||Owned by:||rmccue|
|Component:||Script Loader||Keywords:||needs-docs needs-patch|
Description (last modified by markjaquith)
If I call wp_enqueue_script() or wp_enqueue_style() with a dependency that doesn't exist then I don't get told about it.
wp_enqueue_script( 'my-script', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/my-script.js', array( 'script-that-does-not-exist' ) );
Actual result: nothing is enqueued, and no notices are thrown.
Expected result: When WP_DEBUG is true, I should get a PHP notice warning me that the dependency script doesn't exist.
Change History (14)
in reply to:
3 years ago
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
21 months ago
- Component changed from General to Script Loader
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone set to Awaiting Review
- Priority changed from low to normal
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened