Support for remove_post_type_support() in attachment post type
|Reported by:||flyingtrolleycars||Owned by:||antpb|
In the past it was possible to remove certain fields from the media editor by hooking "attachment_fields_to_edit" and unset'ing the fields you didn't want included (e.g. caption).
After the media library got the major rework in WP3.5 its longer possible to remove those fields.
I believe that since the attachment post type has been more closely lined up to normal posts it should support remove_post_type_support() et al.
The easiest (and probably popular) case for this is removing the editor. I believe this code should do the trick:
remove_post_type_support( 'attachment', 'editor' );
Change History (23)
comment:2 @ericlewis — 14 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
comment:3 @johnbillion — 9 months ago
- Keywords good-first-bug added
- Owner set to antpb
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Keywords has-patch dev-feedback needs-unit-tests added; needs-patch removed
comment:11 follow-up: ↓ 12 @wonderboymusic — 5 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch dev-feedback needs-unit-tests removed