|Reported by:||simonwheatley||Owned by:|
|Component:||WordPress.org site||Keywords:||2nd-opinion needs-refresh dev-feedback|
My company, and many others, have a policy of sponsoring WordPress community contribution, core and otherwise, by strongly encouraging employees to participate during paid company hours. I want to open a discussion on how this company contribution could be recognised, while not allowing "corporates" to take over the credits page on each release.
- Would greater recognition encourage your company to foster contribution?
- Should companies contributing employee time to WordPress, particularly core contributions, be recognised?
- How should companies be recognised?
- What are the pros and cons for the WordPress project in allowing this kind of recognition?
This follows a Twitter conversation re showing company names in the WordPress credits page, and Nacin's suggestion to open this discussion.
Change History (12)
comment:11 in reply to: ↑ 10 @nacin — 2 years ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to WordPress.org