Tinymce new theme
|Reported by:||josh401||Owned by:|
Hello kind WP people,
I had a small request. I was hoping we could add the tinymce "ribbon" theme into the WP core files. The "ribbon" theme can be viewed here:
I have a minimal working demo here:
I have tested this rigorously with WP 3.5.1, and it is extremely stable. I have also implemented it into my WP test site by adding the "ribbon" theme directly in the "wp-includes" directory for tinymce.
I do have a working example, if anyone would like to take a look. I can provide temp usernames and passwords to my test site.
I don't know if core team will be very interested in the theme.. however, I believe theme and plugin developers (namely me) will be able to utilize this theme, and provide a nice "word-style" tinymce interface to WP users.
I only see two potential downsides at the moment:
- It will add approx. 800k to the WP download file size.
- Plugin and theme devs will need to use a slightly different code to add buttons to the ribbon theme.
Thank you for reading.
Change History (4)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
- Summary changed from Tinymce new theme to TinyMCE new theme