After updating the post, only focus post title field if it's empty
|Reported by:||klihelp||Owned by:||nacin|
The post formats looks very nice.
One small thing could be more user friendly.
Currently when you change between the post formats then the Title field becomes focused and the title text will be selected.
Happened a lot with me that when I wanted to just use Space to scroll down the page, accidentally deleted the title text. Pressing any key is deleting the selected text in the title field.
Happened a lot with me that when I wanted to just use Space to scroll down the page, but accidentally deleted the title text.
It would be better if the title field getting the focus only if it's empty.
I commented my feedback for Post Format UI title input box, but didn't got any response for that, so I though I open this new ticket.
Change History (19)
- Summary changed from Blur post title field when title isn't empty to Focus on post title field when title is empty
comment:2 SergeyBiryukov — 11 months ago
- Keywords reporter-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.6
comment:3 johnbillion — 10 months ago
- Milestone 3.6 deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:6 johnbillion — 10 months ago
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:8 SergeyBiryukov — 10 months ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Version changed from trunk to 2.5
comment:9 SergeyBiryukov — 10 months ago
- Summary changed from Focus on post title field when title is empty to After updating the post, only focus post title field if it's empty
comment:16 nacin — 7 months ago
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed