Taking over a locked post does not always load the most recent revision
|Reported by:||johnbillion||Owned by:|
Steps to reproduce:
- Open up a post for editing, and make some changes to it. Do not save the changes.
- Open up the same post for editing using a different user account (in a different browser) and click the 'Take over' button when you get the post lock modal.
- Note that the post that loads is not the most recent autosave of the post, but equally importantly you are not shown the message stating this.
- Reload the editing screen and you'll be presented with the "There is an autosave of this post that is more recent than the version below." message.
 The simplest way to do this is to use an Incognito browser window (and User Switching) so you can be logged in as two accounts simultaneously.
Change History (5)
- Component changed from Administration to Autosave
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.6
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Milestone changed from 3.6 to Future Release
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.