Add ability to limit depth of tree produced by wp_list_categories()
|Reported by:||researcher||Owned by:||pishmishy|
the catstructure in WP is well known i think:
Parent1 - Child1A - Child1B Parent2 - Child2A - - Child2A1 - - CHild2A2
and so on.
if Parent2 is chosen with list_cats() you get also all the Children2XX. there is no logic in this from users perspective (if i call Matt, i don't wont to speak to his 12 children! sorry Matt).
my suggestion is; create 3 entities.
first entity = ThisCat (the current category and show all posts) second = ParentCat (should be turned ON or OFF, shows posts in the ParentCat YES or NO) third = ChildCat (should be turned ON or OFF, shows posts in the ChildCat YES or NO)
Change History (15)
- Summary changed from Categories and Posts, Parents and Children not separated in list_cats() to Add ability to limit depth of tree produced by list_cats()
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Summary changed from Add ability to limit depth of tree produced by list_cats() to Add ability to limit depth of tree produced by wp_list_categories()
- Keywords wp_list_categories has-patch added; list_cats removed
- Owner changed from anonymous to pishmishy
- Status changed from reopened to new