Error when uploading MP3 with embedded cover image
|Reported by:||tollmanz||Owned by:|
When uploading an MP3 with an embedded album cover and the appropriate theme support and post type support enabled, an error is thrown when the MP3 upload completes.
- Activate Twenty Thirteen
- Add the following to its functions.php file (as indicated in 23673):
add_post_type_support( 'attachment:audio', 'thumbnail' ); add_post_type_support( 'attachment:video', 'thumbnail' ); add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', 'attachment:audio' ); add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', 'attachment:video' );
- Go to Posts → Add New
- Enter a title
- Choose Audio in the Format metabox
- Click Add Media
- Drag an MP3 with an embedded image into the lightbox
- The MP3 uploads
- On completion, the following error message is displayed: "Error 2-01 On A Good Day.mp3 An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later."
- The MP3 is not shown in the media area
- Click the X to close the window
- Click Save Draft
- Upon reload, click Add Media
- The MP3 file and the album cover are now available to be selected
Just to be clear, the MP3 and the album cover both upload successfully; however, the error is displayed, which blocks you from choosing the MP3 and inserting into into the post until you reload the post edit screen.