Non-rendered HTML entity in audio description in media manager
|Reported by:||tollmanz||Owned by:|
When viewing an audio file in the media manager modal window, the description prints non-rendered HTML entities in the description field. See attached image for example.
- Grab Mr. Taylor's excellent sample MP3 with ID3 tags: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/24805/13%20Soul%20Calibur.mp3
- In a post edit screen, click Add Media
- Upload the MP3
- Upon upload, notice the description:
“Soul Calibur” from Nostalgia by Frank Ocean. Released: 2011. Track 13 of 14. Genre: R&B.
- The entities are not converted when displayed in the textarea
- In wp-admin/includes/media.php, the curly quotes are set on lines 237-247.
- In wp-includes/media.php:L1591 the content is prepared for JS. At that point the entities are not rendered.
- In wp-includes/media-template.php:L237, the description is printed to the screen as part of a JS template
I'm not really sure what the right move would be here. Convert entities in wp-includes/media.php? Unescape them on output (sounds horribly wrong?
Also, why are we using curly quotes here?