Media Library does not have a loading indicator
|Reported by:||jeffr0||Owned by:||nacin|
When you have a large amount of images in the media library, and use the search function when adding new media, there is a noticeable lag from entering the search term to when any results (if any) show up.
This was confirmed on WPTavern.com which contains about 900 images. We did not see the same results on a site that only contained 300 images. However, on all sites if there are no results a delay is seen between the time a term is entered and when results are displayed.
So I'm suggesting that a placeholder image or a status indicator that tells users that the search process is occurring would solve this issue.
Change History (74)
- Summary changed from No Placeholder Image When Searching Media In Posts to Media Library does not have a loading indicator
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 3.7 to Future Release
- Keywords has-patch needs-refresh added; needs-patch removed
- Owner set to wonderboymusic
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Owner changed from wonderboymusic to nacin
- Status changed from reopened to reviewing
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened