XMLRPC method "wp.getUsers" not working correctly on WordPress.com
|Reported by:||dinomic||Owned by:||markoheijnen|
I have been testing some functionality in our app which uses XMLRPC, and it appears that I've found a bug with how the "wp.getUsers" method works on WordPress.com blogs.
Basically, the blog I'm testing this on has 3 administrators. Regardless of which one of those administrators' credentials I use, whenever we call the "wp.getUsers" method we ONLY get details for the SAME user back. So, if we have 3 admins ('admin1', 'admin2', 'admin2'), whenever 'admin1' queries for all users, they only get back 'admin1'.
I also tried adding a different type of user, specifically an author, and then used any of the above-mentioned administrator credentials to try and retrieve info on that author, but nothing is returned.
It should be noted that all the above functionality works as it should on self-hosted blog, just NOT on WordPress.com blogs.
Change History (9)
comment:1 markoheijnen — 7 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Severity changed from critical to normal
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:6 markoheijnen — 7 months ago
- Milestone set to Awaiting Review
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened