Initial focus on the Add Media panel
|Reported by:||johnbillion||Owned by:||helen|
Splitting this out from #23561
Screenreader: NVDA 2012.2.1
Browsers: IE9 and FF16.0.2 on Windows 7
When opening the Add Media panel from the post editing screen it's not clear to users of screenreaders (or to sighted users using keyboard navigation) where the keyboard focus is.
- On initially clicking Add Media link in Edit Post page the focus appears to initially be transferred into the edit content textarea within the main page. There is no audible notification that the panel has opened.
- Further tabbing shows that the focus has not been transferred into the panel - so this would be a showstopper for most users.
If you continue tabbing you eventually do come to the panel in the tab order at the bottom of the main page maybe...
- When the Add Media panel opens it is not clear where focus sits. But after this first link the focus is transferred into the Add Media panel.
Change History (18)
comment:4 follow-up: ↓ 5 @sharonaustin — 17 months ago
- Cc sharon.austin.2014@… added
comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 ; follow-up: ↓ 6 @GrahamArmfield — 17 months ago
- Cc graham.armfield@… added
comment:10 @nacin — 16 months ago
- Component changed from Accessibility to Media
- Focuses accessibility added
comment:17 @helen — 10 months ago
- Owner set to helen
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed