WP_Upgrader does not consistently call Skin methods
|Reported by:||rmccue||Owned by:||SergeyBiryukov|
|Component:||Upgrade/Install||Keywords:||has-patch needs-testing commit|
In WP_Upgrader::run() (used by the installer/upgrader routines), the header/footer/before/after methods are not called consistently.
(header/before/error/after/footer are all references to the methods as part of the Skin object, stored in $this->skin)
- An error in the filesystem will cause a call to error without first calling header/before and without calling after/footer.
- An error in downloading or unpacking will cause calls to header/before before error, but only after is called after error.
- An error in actually "installing" (moving into place) or a successful install will cause calls to header/before (then error if errored), then after/footer
In order to actually make these possible to use consistently, the following order should always be followed:
- header (if not doing a multiupgrade)
- error (or other feedback calls; the meat of the processing)
- footer (if not doing a multiupgrade)