Wrong guess in wp_guess_url() for symlinked install, or unit tests
|Reported by:||bpetty||Owned by:|
The changes made in r25396 add additional checks, but could use a couple more fixes.
- In the case of symlinked installations (checkout of develop.svn, and symlink public_html to 'src' for example), this fails to properly detect the URL, and ends up appending a full path disclosure to the siteurl option.
- In the case of unit tests, this also fails to properly strip the absolute file path off (since SCRIPT_FILENAME points to tests/phpunit/includes/install.php instead), causing most canonical unit tests to fail.
For (A), a confirmed solution is using realpath() on SCRIPT_FILENAME first.
In the case of (B), we should probably just set WP_SITEURL in bootstrap.php most likely - it would help keep wp_guess_url() simple and specific to real installations.
If no-one else jumps on it, I can easily take care of (B), but still need a patch on (A).
Change History (15)
3 years ago
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Priority changed from normal to highest omg bbq
- Severity changed from normal to blocker
- Keywords close added
- Priority changed from highest omg bbq to normal
- Severity changed from blocker to normal